(Adopted in Miami, Florida on January 6, 2010, Feast of the Epiphany)
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not- for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
1. To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
2. To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
3. To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
4. To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
5. To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
6. To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
7. To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
8. To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
9. To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
10. To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Turn your spare change into real change!
Donate to Una Voce Miami.
>>> The Mass of Tradition is the Mass of All Times;
it’s the Mass of the Present and the Future! <<
For interviews, comments, or to belong, please contact us at:
UNA VOCE MIAMI
San Antonio Maria Claret Chapter
POB 350372 | Jose Marti Station | Miami, FL 33135
786.286.8787 | UnaVoceMiami@aol.com
Meet Us on the Internet
View Us on YouTube
Like Una Voce Miami on Facebook